Friday, July 30, 2004

Angela McCluskey
I went into Borders to buy Twyla Tharp's book The Creative Habit.  As I was heading to the register, I noticed a sign that said "buy any book and get any regularly priced CD for 25% off.  I bought the Angela McCluskey CD titled The Things We Do.  I fell in love with "It's Been Done" the first time my friend Paul S played it for me and the rest of this CD is great. 

McCluskey has an incredible voice.  Her vocal stylings remind me of a cross between Cyndi Lauper and Erykah Badu.  The music has a pop sound but lacks the sweetness of most radio music.  I'm sure "It's Been Done" will be a radio/video hit soon.  It really is a wonderful track.  my other favorite tracks include "Dirty Pearl", "Perfect Girl Eleven", and "Sleep On It". 

No comments:

Post a Comment