Monday, January 10, 2005

One Work Day Down
Well...I made it. I performed to the best of my abilities and it didn't kill me.

Tonight I performed with Second City Communications at The Ritz-Carlton (Chicago). I had never been there. The lobby was only so-so, the staff was not as friendly as some of the other 4-star hotels but the Northern view was great.

The cast was top-notch. It featured four current Second City resident company members, one resident company alum, and two TourCo alums (including myself).

Despite the way I felt when I woke up this morning, I found myself becoming more and more energetic as the evening progressed. When we performed around 8:30 pm, I was ready to go. The show was not the best in my opinion but I felt like I gave it all I had when I was onstage and that is all I can be responsible for. Basically, I got my laughs and that made it worth my time. Plus I got paid.

I'm hoping that this means that I am on the mends. I better be because I have a very busy schedule this week. I have a meeting tomorrow. I have to do a lot of writing. I have three meetings on Wednesday. And I have two more corporate theatre shows this week, one Thursday and one Friday. AND THEN, my Mom is tentatively coming for the weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment