Saturday, January 05, 2008

2008:So Far So Good
I haven't blogged this year (until now) but I have been working a mile a minute on my screenplay. Some cosmic shift has made me super productive and creative these days. I am not complaining. I'm just going to ride it out. New Year's Eve came and went. I had a good one. I didn't get drunk. I danced most of the night. I loved it. I danced with two young girls that were at the party. Children make the best dance partners. They just know how to be free. They don't care about looking good. They just want to move. I love that because I feel the same way when I am dancing. I went through a funk near the end of October culminating in a full blown breakdown early November just before my birthday. I am so grateful to be entering 2008 dancing.

I didn't make any resolutions. I never do. I do have some goals for this year. I want to be a better at managing my life. I want to make time for work, friends, self-edification, and love. I want to dance and sing more but this time for myself and not for my supper. I want to finish my screenplay so that when the strike is over, I can join the ranks of my other brothers and sisters in the WGA. I want to be a better friend, brother, roommate, son, etc. Basically, I want my relationship skills to grow in the new year. Did I mention dancing? Of course I did.

This playlist, inspired by my friend Paul in Chicago, was created in 2007 but it still makes me smile in 2008. Paul's birthday is October 11 (National Coming Out Day). In his honor I created the following playlist that I call Defying Faggotry. The version below is the Gold version which was partially inspired by my good Brooklyn friend Patchy.



No comments:

Post a Comment