Wednesday, June 02, 2004

Back Story
Ever so often, I have to get back to basics and write about something other than little blurbs I pick up in the media or on the web. Today is one of those days.

First, a little back history. I had a sore back last week. Nothing special, your regular garden variety sore back with all the tightness and aching that comes with. This weekend I experienced another level of back problems -- PAIN. I have been very fortunate in that I have lived 35 years on this planet and I have never had back pain. On Friday night, I was a total whore. My neighbor and I went bar hopping which led to bed hopping.l I met this cute, blond, catholic boy from Missourri and we did sexual things that are forbidden in some parts of the world. It is was great. However, I woke up on Saturday and I couldn't twist or turn my torso without back pain on my mid and lower right side of my back. This was not severe pain. On a scale of 1 to 10, I would give Saturday's pain a 5. It wsa inconvenient but something I could live with for a day. Sunday I awoke very early in the morning around 4 or 5 am with the most severe back pain I have ever experienced. I was in so much pain, this was definately a 7 or 8 in the pain department. To make matters worse, because of the position that I had slept in the night before, my lower back muscles tightened all over. I could hardly breath. I couldn't turn; I couldn't breath; and I was in pain. AAAAHHHHHHH!

I called my best friend Patchy in Brooklyn. Patchy has chronic back problems. He was broken (physically) when I met him. Patchy talked me through my back crisis. He gave me lots of advice on what stretches to do and when to do them. He told me what to take and to talk to a pharmicist because it was Memorial Day Weekend and I couldn't get to my doctor. I originally was going to go to the ER but Patchy saved me a trip. THANKS PATCHY.

No comments:

Post a Comment