Tuesday, November 08, 2005

Happy Birthday to...


Clean in LA, originally uploaded by mylilpip.

Today is my 37th birthday. I'm glad to be here...On the planet, still alive. Birthdays are a strange thing because the truth is that you only have one birthday which is the day you were born. But we don't count that one. We start at the 1 year anniversary of that day. And what did you do to be celebrated? The same thing everyone did, you were born. Why don't we give gifts to the parents instead of the person? It's like here you go Mr or Mrs Parent, I sure do appreciate you making a cute boyfriend for me so here is an iPod. Or I sure do appreciate you carrying my drinking buddy in your belly for 9 months Mrs. Mom, so I sent you an e-card.

What am I saying?!? I love birthdays. Wait, I love MY birthday because I am egotistical and self-centered. And today is all about me. Since this is not a traditional benchmark birthday like 30, 35, 40, etc., I thought I would just let this date slide but my friends will not have it that way. Thanks friends.

Soybomb was the first to send me an electronic greeting, about a week ago. LL Cool P and her cutie husband sent me an actual card (I never get those anymore except from my sister). Mom dished out some gifts on Saturday when she came up to see Schoolhouse Rock Live! And the last 24 hours has been nothing but e-cards and gifts.

Trust, I am not complaining. It is 8:00 a.m. while I type this. I am naked except for my comfy robe and I have received a phone call (only Kava would dare call me at 7 am), an iPod (Steve, of course), and 5 e-cards (thanks to Ty, Ed and Carroll, Patchy (he sent two cards), and Jeremy. I'm sure that there will be other B-day surprises as the day rolls on but since I was up I wanted to get a headstart on my thank-yous. And I want to share one of my e-cards with you, this one.

And a big HAPPY BIRTHDAY to my twin, Sarah Chittaro.

No comments:

Post a Comment