Monday, August 23, 2004

D'OH
I get up feeling fine this morning. That may seem like a cliche but I always wake up feeling slightly shitty...regardless of my behavior the night before. So, I got up, shat, showered and shaved.

I have an audition this morning. Nothing specific, just a general audition for a well-respected regional theatre in Chicago. I was high last night so I made sure to choose my clothes before I went to bed so that I wouldn't have to make decisions in my morning fog. Always a good idea I think.

About an hour into my day, I had to use the bathroom to rid myself of the two bowls of oatmeal and three cups of hot tea. That is when I noticed that I wasn't wearing a belt. This is not the end of the world, I know. I want get shuffled off at my auditions because I am not wearing a belt. But I did feel the need to reprimand myself for being so fashionistically careless. "Oh, you idiot!" I said aloud. Thinking about my black belt at home made me utter, "how did I let that little black thing get away from me?"

That is when I heard someone sniffle in another stall. I was not alone. Someone overheard me (and my voice is definately dinstinctive) in the stall talking about my "black thing". This should be a good week.

No comments:

Post a Comment