Saturday, January 17, 2004

As I am still in Austria, there will continue to be a "z" for "y" substitution and vice-versa.

Todaz is mz last daz in Vienna. I can't saz that I am disappointed. I am getting antsz here. I don't speak the language (although mz accent is improving everzdaz) and I just can't be a tourist much longer. I also can't have Austrians looking at me so snidelz and with discontent. Zou see ladies and gentlemen, some Austrians are quite racist. Even more so than I expected. I have heard the sneer, "negger" and "schwarze" more than once, danke shöen.

Tomorrow I depart for Amsterdam. I will meet up there with an old friend from London, Paul. Paul is an actor and we met when I did the West End production of Showboat. Paul was not working as an actor then but as George Griyyard's dresser. We hit it off immediatelz and I haven't seen him since I left England in 1998. I reallz look forward to seeing him.

I will also attend a performance at Amsterdam's Boom Chicago. I know some people there and I look forward to seeing their new show.

No comments:

Post a Comment