Friday, January 02, 2004

Hoon n. (Austrialian in origin) meaning procurer or pimp. v. meaning to procure or to pimp.

I had a great New Years Eve. I hope everyone did. I went to a party at a fairly well known stage director's home. It was a lot of fun. I drank too much wine and spouted out inappropriate racist things that caused the air to become still but I enjoyed myself none the less.

We played games and berated each other for our tastes (or lack of) in movies, television and music. (RANT ALERT!!) I'm sorry, I don't care how good the OC is supposed to be, I'm not watching it. The last thing this mid-30's, gay, black, lower incomed, midwestern man is concerned with is life in the OC. No further discussion. Unless I can laugh at rich, privileged white kids -- I'm not interested.

I spent most of the afternoon and an early part of the evening watching the entire 6 hours of the recent HBO prodution of Angels in America. Wow. It is hard to imagine that something could be so good. I loved it. I have one of the shortest attentions spans ever but I couldn't stop watching it even as we creeped into the 4th and 5th hours. Of course I took an intermission so I could order a pizza but again....wow, what a show.

Speaking of shows, only a few more days until I leave for Vienna. I can't wait. I'm starting to think about it more and more. The most important thing I will need is black hair care proucts. I may also need to buy some "protection" and "supplies" since I don't know how to say lube in German. Maybe I won't even need that stuff but that's crazy talk. I still have so much to do -- what am I doing journaling when I need to go out and find just the right guidebook and pronunciation guide. I need to get a manicure (that will be Monday before I leave). I think I'll paint my toenails. Yeah, I'm going out of the country.