Sunday, January 18, 2004

Right now I am sitting next to my friend Paul H. at an internet cafe in Amsterdam. He is looking up a cheap fare to NYC and I am writing this entry. I only left my friend Kevin an hour ago. Kevin and I flew in together from Vienna. Last night was Kevin's last performance as a member of our touring company. He is a good guy and I hope the best for his career and future.

Paul H and I haven't seen each other in 5 years. I look great. He looks ok. Just kidding. He is greyer and a little wrinkly around the eyes but in that suave european handsome way, not your beat up by life so you want to die way. I am thicker...okay...fatter. My hairline isn't where it was before and my skin isn't as imperfect. Ah life.

He and I don't have any plans for this trip. I hope to just relax and take in the vibe of the city. I love Amsterdam. I love the Dutch. I find them to be reasonable and I love the fashion here. It looks like every man has been made over by the "Fab 5." I love it!

Despite Paul's prescence, I still miss home. I haven't seen my friend Paul S in over a month and I miss talking to my best friend Dan nearly nightly. Oh well, there will be time for that later. Right now, I need to get Paul away from that computer station and we need to hit the streets.

No comments:

Post a Comment