Thursday, January 29, 2004

"And the world keeps spinning round and round and my heart keeps beat to the speed of sound, I was lost until I heard that distant sound and I found my way"

Today I am in Cali. Specifically at this moment I am in Lakewood at my younger brother Jason's home. I arrived in Palm Springs yesterday and my stepmom picked me up from the airport and drove me to her house in Long Beach. I have to admit that I was a little nervous when Mari (my stepmom) picked me up. I haven't seen her in 14 years and Dad died just 6 months ago. She is looking a little thin and stressed but she is still the same woman that I knew before, abso-fucking nuts. She and a friend named Vicki (my Dad and Mari were always with new "friends") picked me up in Palm Springs and Mari immediately got lost. I suggested that we pull over to a shell station and ask for directions. We eventually did and we were off. I was feeling tense until I mentioned that I had just returned from Europe and while there I smoked some great weed in Amsterdam and bam...Mari asks Vicki to roll a joint. So after the joint, all was good. We stopped at Jack in the Box and I was fine.

I have to go to breakfast now so more later...

No comments:

Post a Comment