Tuesday, April 06, 2010

365 Days = One Year

My promise to restart my blog went unfulfilled until now.

I have a million and two excuses why I haven't written. Busy. Disinterested. Scattered brain. It's very easy to get caught up in our day to day struggles to get from point a to point b and point c and finally to home in one piece. Our lives become seemingly smaller and smaller as our bubble becomes more insular. We worry about all our responsibilities and how we will get them done. Living in LA doesn't help the situation any. I feel more busy. More disinterested. And more scattered brain.

My last post was exactly one year ago today. It was sunny and beautiful (like today). I was employed at HBO. I worked as an Executive Assistant in Business Affairs. I had a real job. And I was so not happy.

Today I am in good spirits and much has changed in the last 365 days. These will be some of the things I will blogging about.

First, I am no longer at HBO. That job ended last summer. I was initially hired at HBO as a long term temp. Without benefits and job security I had no problem packing up and leaving when a better opportunity came up. Unfortunately that better opportunity turned out to be a bust. So, I was unemployed...again. Unemployment has been a constant theme since my arrival in LA. As an actor, I have been unemployed most of my adult life but in the City of Angels I feel I should get business cards that reads:

Pip Lilly
Yeah, I'm available

What do you do when you are not working in LA? You live. Time passes and you try to stay busy.

I have spent the last 8 months writing and auditioning. I even got a new agent (that is going to be it's own future blog posting). I did two music videos, a play, several short films/videos, and two commercials. I am writing a one man show (another future posting) and I am co-writing a screenplay with my sardonic and Oxy popping writing partner Em (also worthy of a separate posting).

There have been other life events in the last year too. My brother had a baby. My mom had surgery. I bought a season pass to Disneyland. I got my medicinal marijuana card. And I slept with a lot of guys (A LOT).

These adventures and more will be explored here on Uptempo Orpheus. I'm back Bitches!











No comments:

Post a Comment