Friday, April 16, 2010

Something Old Is Young and Fresh Again

I went to the store last night and bought a bottle of champagne. When I got to the checker I stood behind some USC students buying beer. The diligent female cashier checked the ID of each student as they bought their beer. When I got to the register and my champagne bottle rolled across the scanner she didn't bat a lash. She just looked at me and told me there was a discount if I bought 5 more bottles. I have been carded my entire adult life. What happened? Oh yes, I got older. I am obviously over 21 at this point. She might not know my real age but she knows I ain't 20.

Here's an old song that Quincy Jones (an old dude) re-worked with Akon (young dude) and made it fresh again. I wonder if I could get the Q treament?

Strawberry Letter 23 - Quincy Jones ft. Akon Music Video VEVO

No comments:

Post a Comment