Monday, February 02, 2004

I'm back. It has been quite a whirlwind life lately. Last time I wrote, I mentioned being in Cali with my stepmother and other assorted relatives. That was quite the experience. My stepmom is in desperate need of help. She has a substance abuse problem that no one wants to address. I finally dropped the bomb on my brother Jason (the responisble one) and tried to convince him to convince the others that an intervention was in order. We'll see what happens.

There is so much to write about today. I will have to slip in European stories here and there but right now lets talk about now. Since returning from Europe, I have been in mostly good spirits. I feel as if my time touring with Second City is drawing to an end and new things are on the horizon. I haven't had much of a love life in the last two years so I am trying to remedy that. A cute guy gave me his number at an office that I was a temp at in December. I told him that I was leaving the country and when I returned, I would call him. I did. He did not return my call.

I asked a guy at Second City if he wanted to go out on a date and he said, "no, no, I don't date well, no." Those of you keeping score will notice that I have received two strikes in a row. Oh well, I can't let that get me down. I will ask other boys and we'll see what happens.

I am preparing for another tour. This tour will last 10 days and will include these Colorado towns: Pueblo, Boulder, Carbondale, and Colorado Springs. Our first date, however, is in Laramie, WY.

In 1998, I was working in London. When my show closed, my friend Danny and I traveled all over Europe for a month. We finally arrived back in Chicago on October 12, 1998. I didn't know who Matthew Shepard was at the time but there were all these memorials set up for him. It will be strange to go there now. I have just returned from Europe again I hope no one has to die the way Mathew died again.

No comments:

Post a Comment