Monday, August 29, 2005

It's Monday...Morning...Eww! I don't have to leave the house for "work" today but I do have to write three sketches by Wednesday. There is going to be a lot of tea being brewed around here and a lot less Vicodin. The glorious days of wake and bake are being replaced by "bacon days," those are days that I have to "make the bacon" on my own time. I know I can do this. I do it all the time. If I can write two scenes a day, I can edit them on Wednesday and poof...It's that easy....Oh, my ass is in T-R-O-U-B-L-E!

Yesterday was Steve's B-day (plus LL Cool Ps and her other part White Shaft). To celebrate his significant number of years on the planet, we spent the day antiquing. I know antiquing is sooooooooooo gay but that is what he wanted to do, so we did. But not before having breakfast with friends at Breakfast Club. I love spending time with Steve.

We walked all over creation looking at doors, tables, fireplace mantels (although we dont' have a fireplace), carvings, dishes, jewelry, etc. We hardly bought anything but we looked at EVERYTHING. Steve was so sweet. About half-way through our day, Steve looked at me to see if I was into what we were doing. At the time, I kind of was...but mostly...wasn't and I told him so. I also told him that I wanted to spend the day with him and if antiquing was what he wanted to do then that is what I wanted to do. I wuv him. He's the best. He has supported me in all my artistic endeavors. I had to put in my time for the dude.

Steve wore me out dragging me from the Chicago Antique Market to a speciality store and then another.

For dinner we headed to Asado to consume massive quantities of meat. After that we chilled at the crib with my current Netflix pick, Chinatown (I gave it 4 stars). Following the movie we talked a bit and then...collapsed, or at least I did. I don't know how Steve has so much energy. He did forward me a link for gay fuel, maybe that will help me keep going, and going, and going.

No comments:

Post a Comment