Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Fruit Comfort


White People103
Originally uploaded by mylilpip.
Goddamn! It is hot...So I thought I would share one of my favorite new summer drinks. Aqua Fresca di Frutta or I just call it Watermelon Juice. I like to serve this drink on ice with a salt(or sugar) rimmed glass. The texture is similar to tomato juice but this is sweet and delicious. The recipe calls for 2 to 3 limes. I would use 3. The tartness adds another layer to the drink. I also make a simple syrup with the water and sugar. Just put the water in a pot with the sugar. Heat at a medium-low temperature until the sugar melts. Allow the syrup to cool and BAM! no sugar granules at the bottom of your drink. If you like, add a splash of vodka, gin, or rum. If you do, remember that the booze will not help you beat the heat and might make you feel worse.

Make this and enjoy as a sipping beverage or a mid-afternoon treat. OMG! I really am a desperate housewife.

No comments:

Post a Comment