Friday, August 25, 2006

Good Eats
A couple of months ago, I taped an upcoming episode of Check Please! People keep asking me when it is going to air. I have to be honest and say I have no idea. But one of the women that appears on the show with me gave me a suggestion for a great Persian restaurant in my neighborhood, Rogers Park. Last night, Steve and I went to Cafe Suron Restaurant. The B.Y.O. restaurant was everything and more than we expected.

The space, brightly colored and artfully decorated, is beautiful. And the food is stellar too.

We enjoyed two appetizers. First we tried the grilled quail which was tiny (it's a quail) but tasty. We also had the paneer, a delicious combo of Cherve goat cheese baked in a marinara sauce with fresh basil. Steve couldn't decide which entree to try. The warm and knowledgeable server brought Steve a sample of one dish before he decided to have the Eggplant Khoresh. I settled in with the pan-fried Hawaiian Tilapia, crusted with panko breadcrumbs, horseradish and basil. SO DELICIOUS!

Suron Cafe Restaurant gets my highest rating: 4 forks, a knife, and sopping biscuit.

No comments:

Post a Comment