Saturday, December 27, 2003

I'm going to take a break from writing about Dad. Today, I'm going to write about today.

Today begins with last night. Last night I was chatting online at Gay.com when I was propositioned by a total stranger. Of course there is nothing unusual about the online hook-up, it happens all the time but personally I like a little more intimacy. The guy seemed nice and I kept thinking about how long it has been since I've made the beast with two backs. Maybe this is what I need, just a quick one with no strings attached. We made a loose date for today. I told him that I would meet him for coffee and if everything seemed okay then we could do it all day for all I care.

I have been suffering from insomnia for a couple of weeks now so sometime around 3 am I had to take a sleep aid. I awoke around 11 or 11:30 am thinking it was 8 or 9 am. I felt like shit. I wanted to stay in bed all day but I here I am expecting this guy to call me so we can ...you know. I didn't much feel like casual sex with a nearly complete stranger so I just stayed in bed.

The phone rang around 12:30. It was my friend Dawn. Dawn had been ill with the flu and was finally feeling better. Dawn had a plan for the day. Dawn always had great plans. I met Dawn and another friend of hers named Luis for drinks at Starbucks on the corner of Belmont and Clark. We had a grand time people watching and mullet hunting . We left Starbucks and went next door to a great Japanese supply store on Belmont. I can't believe in ten years that I have never visited this store. It was wonderful. After 30 minutes or so in the Double Happiness Corp. we had to have sushi. It was 4:15 pm and Shiroi Hana had happy hour with reduced prices from 5-6 pm. The three of us bummed around the Belmont/Clark area for 45 minutes. We jumped in and out of thrift and vintage shops as we made our way to Uncle Fun. We never made it to Uncle Fun because across the street was a new place called Mister Fun and everything was $1.00. I bought two storage boxes.

After our frugal shopping spree, we made our way back east on Belmont until we got to Shiroi Hana on Clark. We didn't have to wait for a table and we at until we were stuffed ($50 for 3 people, if you can believe it). We followed up dinner by a quick trip into another novelty shop. Finally, we had to call it a night. Dawn and Luis departed for the train and I went further east to my friend Paul's apartment.

Paul is out of town and I am cat sitting until tomorrow. The computer that I am using now is in Paul's place. In the background is The Sound of Music. I haven't seen this musical in a very long time. It is a lot of fun. I am going to Austria in just over a week so viewing it right now is extra special.

It looks like I won't be getting together with my online guy but I don't regret it. You just can't beat good friends and Julie Andrews.

No comments:

Post a Comment