Friday, February 06, 2004

Just finished a show in Pueblo, CO. I have a terrible cold and I haven't felt well in three days but the show must go on. It turned out to be a good one, not like our last show in Laramie, WY. What a disaster. I was so angry at members of our cast that night. It is time for me to leave this job. I know it. I feel it. Others sense it. It is a shame because I used to love it and now I find it so dificult. Part of the problem is just plain group dynamics. I have never been very good in groups, I always feel like I am giving more than I am getting. I don't mind compromise but since I started touring two years ago, I have given, and given, and given. I am on empty. I ain't got no more. I also have to be around more people like me. I am tired of being in the fucking minority. I need some power and support. I need some more black people and some gays. God, where are the gays?

Ok, enough with the whining. So, I have this bad cold right? And my nose keeps draining and I have a little chest congestion but I am so proud. I did the show and no one in the audience was the wiser. YEAH PIP! Of course, this means that I had to stay in bed all day and drink gallons of water. It was worth it to see the looks of my castmates as I did the show with no complaints and no excuses.

No comments:

Post a Comment