Wednesday, February 04, 2004

Today I am in Laramie, WY. I know, I already talked about my Laramie parallel but this is something completely different. Yesterday, I gave notice at Second City. My last show as a member of the Second City National Touring Company will be March 1st at The Second City Chicago. It has been quite a ride but it has to end.

I have loved going to all the different places and meeting new people but I am drained. I can't continue to live like that and besides the pay was crap. I can't be so poor any longer. Poverty is not something to be ashamed of but it is not fun. I need my life back. I also need to see other black folks and gay folks. I miss my homies and my sissies. I travel with the whitest people yo could meet. and we travel to the whitest destinations ever and do the whitest comedy known to man. Now, don't misunderstand. I like my job. I make people laugh. I like the people I work with, I have a lot of respect for them as humans and as performers but I need more. More.. More.. More!

Tomorrow I am off to Pueblo, CO. I hope to see a friend from long ago. One of my oldest friends. Step Pearce. I love him so much. I have for years and I can't wait to see him..

No comments:

Post a Comment