Saturday, February 14, 2004

Thursday night, I helped fete my friend Liz as she prepares to move to NYC to work as a writer on Saturday Night Live. Liz and toured together for about a year and a half. She is extremely talented and definitely has that "star quality" about her. When we used to tour, I always loved how her instincts were so spot on. She was promoted from our company to Second City's mainstage back in August. Our company has not been the same since that day. After a year of no cast changes, we lost Liz; then Bridget; then Kevin; and now I am two weeks away from being a former Second City tourco member myself.

I am very excited to be moving on. My time in the touring company was well worth it. I learned about timing, regionalisms, and group dynamics. The experience was invaluable.

I also had to compromise...a lot. It is tough for 8 people to be together constantly, especially if one of the 8 is me. I love to have my solitude. Without it, I am not a fun character. It is also tough to be the only black and the only gay. I just want some R&B and a good stiff one (you know what I'm saying?).

I have prepared a list of things I want to do when I finish touring:

1. write my one man showcase
2. get laid
3. find a boyfriend
4. get laid
5. spend more time with Chicago friends
6. travel for pleasure
7. get laid
8. take an acting class
9. get laid
10. get laid

No comments:

Post a Comment