Thursday, April 01, 2004

Idol Oh American Idol, this show constantly amazes me. Every year the talent gets better, the show gets cheesier and the voting public gets dumber. Now I will be the first to admit that I didn't see Amy Adams winning this competition but there is no way she should have gone out last night. The whole bottom three was a disgrace. 20 million votes and LaToya, Jennifer and Amy are in the bottom three. No John? No Camille? No Jon Peter Lewis? These are the weak ones and they need to go soon. I guess that's what happens when you let seniors and teen girls pick your winner.

Birthday Greetings Happy Birthday to Jason Grimm and a belated birthday to Joe Canale

Wait 5 minutes I have discussed in earlier entries my self-diagnosed seasonal affective disorder. Yesterday, I felt like crap and it felt like crap outdoors. Today, I feel pretty good and ironically, the sun just made a guest apperance here in Chicago.

Sunshine Speaking of sunshine. Last night Paul S and I went to see Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind. Let me state here now publicly that I love Charlie Kaufman so much. I'll admit that when I first saw Being John Malkovich, I just thought it was a little weird for the sake of being weird. I liked it but because it was original but I didn't fully get it or buy it. When I saw Adaptation, I was a little more forgiving because I understood the character of the writer and I could relate but there were still moments in the film where I actually felt manipulated. This feeling took me out of the film and made the experience more cerebral and less visceral. Sunshine on the other hand drew me in and wouldn't let me go. I remember at one moment having to use the bathroom but there was at least 40 minutes until the end of the movie. I just held it because I didn't want to miss anything. I loved it. I will see it again.

No comments:

Post a Comment