Wednesday, March 31, 2004

Idol I thought that last night's American Idol was the most boring show to date. I just didn't care. I wasn't really moved by any of the singers except George Huff and Fantasia. Even my top pick LaToya was only okay.

I loved that the Funk Brothers were the house band. I saw Standing in the Shadows of Motown at the theatre so I'm familiar with their work and their story. However, I thought the band was too loud. THe band upstaged the singers everytime. And can we agree to JUST SAY NO to celebrity judges. I love Ashford and Simpson. I knew who they were before they were "Solid as a rock." But last night, the two were nothing but dead weight. The celebrity judges don't really add anything to the show. People who watch Idol would watch it without the 20 second critique from some former pop/r&b diva. Besides, it wastes time. Lets hear the singing , hear from Simon, and kick off the dead weight.

Now about the performances. I can't ever say enough good things about Diana Degarmo. The young lady has such a voice. Simply incredible. I can't wait to hear 3-5 years from now when she has more life experience to bring to her performance. LaToya is my girl. And as long as her voice holds out in this competition, she could definately be the winner but people said the same thing about Tamayra Gray, first season and she ended up in third.

Jennifer Hudson is great. I love her. But she is missing something and I know what it is. She is not connecting with her audience at all. She seems so reserved and like she holding back. She relys on all her vocal tricks but all she really needs to do is smile at the audience and make the audience feel that she is there just for their pleasure. Sometimes, she looks like she is not sure if she wants to be there.

Camille Velasco. Love that voice but after all this time, she has got to start performing like she is the shit. Because she is. If you don't believe it, no one else will.

George Huff is the only guy worth a damn in the competition. The other two guys left are just not interesting enough.

Amy Adams did a fine job last night. I'm just on the fence with her as a personality. I'm not sure I care about her. I could take her or leave her.

Fantasia Barrino is too much for words. I love her. She has personality for days and a unique voice. It reminds of going church.

Jasmine Trias is great but I have a feeling that she is just going to be a reporter on Access Hollywood in 5 years.

My prediction for getting the boot tonight:
Camille Velasco or John Stevens

Big Ad Agency Life continues at the Big Ad Agency. I thought today would be my last day but this spur of the moment, one day deal has stretched into two full weeks. I can't complain because I need the money. Boy, do I need the money.

Yesterday reminded me how badly I need money. When I was in college, I made a vow that I would never walk around with out at least $1 dollar cash in my pocket. Yesterday, I found myself with $.50. This struggling actor stuff is bullshit.

No comments:

Post a Comment