Monday, June 13, 2005

Hostess with the Mostess


Steve and I have been testing our "couple powers" recently. Now that we have had our official outing as a serious duo there are still social obligations. Over the weekend, we entertained two other gay couples. One, friends of Steve's before we met, came over on Saturday. The other couple, neighbors across the alley, stopped by on Sunday.

Saturday night was unplanned. I worked Saturday afternoon in the hot sun providing entertainment and childhood literacy advice at the printers' Row Book Fair. I was fried and fizzled after the event but Steve phoned to say that friend's had dropped by. When I arrived, they were well into an afternoon of libations and wit. It took a while but I was able to catch up in only a few minutes.

After maybe an hour or so, we realized that Steve and I had only bought enough dinner items for two. We had to have a fishes and loaves miracle and somehow we did. We had more than enough bites and I made one of my newest summer cocktail treats.

Sunday was a planned event. The neighbors had us over a couple of weeks back and we wanted to return the favor. It was a lot of fun and most of the dinner came from our vegetable and herb garden. I again took the opportunity to create festive summer cocktails that were enjoyed by all.

No comments:

Post a Comment