Monday, June 20, 2005

You ever have one of those days when you just can't win? Today is one of those days for me.

I moved yesterday. I moved in with Steve. I'm sorry I didn't bring this up earlier but I wasn't sure it was going to happen. I thought for sure I would chicken out. I was never one for domesticity. And I wore my "perpetually single" status as an honor. I didn't chicken out. Anyway, I moved into the house with the garden and the two dogs. And we lived happily ever after.

Today is the first day of happily ever after and it has sucked. And it is not yet 10 am.

Yesterday I took a nap in an awkward position and developed a slight crick in my neck. This morning that crick became an annoying bother. In addition to the crick, I also had "the creep."

Riley, is our black and white Springer-Spaniel mix dog that insists on sleeping in our bed. He picks a spot and he is down for the count. He won't move.

Last night, Riley chose to sleep on my side of the bed, in a very inconvenient spot. I couldn't extend my legs all the way or I would hit a solid mass of canine. So, I have the crick in my neck, the creep at my feet, and Steve is trying to spoon me. Calgon, take me away!

Now, I have also been suffering from skin problems lately. I have eczema on my left ear and the most sever case of folliculitis in my beard area that I have ever had.

Steve got up and went to Home Depot. He started a new lawn project and needed supplies. I was glad that he would be gone. I figured I could get up, have a cup of tea, and be in a more pleasant mood when he returned. It didn't happen like that. I got up and had that tea but my mood didn't lighten. When Steve returned with several bags of sand and gravel, I offered to help him remove them from the car. He told me that I didn't have to but I insisted. **BAD CHOICE** I started carrying those filthy and difficult to handle plastic bags one by one when I realized that we had a wheelbarrow. So, I got the wheelbarrow and put in nearly every bag. Steve told me that it would be heavy. I sneered at him. He couldn't possibly know of the amount of strength just waiting to explode from my underutilized arm and shoulder muscles. You know where this is going. That wheelbarrow was heavy. I wouldn't be defeated though. I pushed that motherfucker like there was a blow job waiting at the end of the garden trail. I had trouble controlling the great mass and I scraped my hand (several times) on the stucco garage. But I did it. I apologized to Steve for being a crank and then I retired to write this blog entry.

Technically, I retired to write an earlier entry. An entry which I lost accidentally and had to re-create again. So, this is happily ever after?

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on the cohab status! Just think of it as Happily Ever After with the usual crapola of life sprinkled in.

    Anyway, I hope I can meet this Steve when we're out there in October.

    --LL Cool P

    ReplyDelete