Sunday, January 15, 2006

Lonnie Latham, Come On Out...


Latham,-Lonnie, originally uploaded by Uptempo Orpheus.

You're the next minister on The Price is '$40 for a Blow Job, Right?'

Rev. Lonnie Latham, pastor of South Tulsa Baptist Church in Tulsa, Okla. and a member of the Southern Baptist Convention (SBC) Executive Committee, was arrested Jan. 3 in Oklahoma City for "offering to engage in an act of lewdness". Basically he picked up some business off the streets in Oklahoma City. I've been to Oklahomo City and I just can't imagine what they serve on the streets thereIt can't be that good..

Still, I am intrigued. I actually don't feel the need to mock the man. The hypocrisy is self evident. Latham says he was involved in some sort of "prayer ministry". I know, we can all think of a lot of things that we do on our knees besides prayer but like I said, no mocking.

Sinners are watching, Christians are on the defense, activists are hoping that Southern Baptists will just wake up and find the real world.

My hope is that Latham faces his true self and comes out. Then I hope he tells the others in his midst that it is okay to be who you are. Trust me on this Rev. I've been there. Oh yeah, one more thing...Give up the OK City street trade. That is just nasty. OK!?!

No comments:

Post a Comment