Friday, July 15, 2005

Got Me Workin' Day and Night


Today is Friday and the weekend is here. For me that means work, work, work. I feel like The Little Red Hen.

Things should be a bit better for me in the next two weeks. I am still fairly busy but at least Boojie Nights is up and running. Now if I could just get an audience. A critic from the Trib was at the show on Wednesday but no reviews yet.

There are still Storybus gigs, teaching sessions and domestic responsibilities to consume my time. Steve has been great with all the craziness that is my life. My chaotic schedule is one of the reasons I stayed single for so long. Steve loves to tease me about staying in bed until 10 a.m. Some of his friends think that is "cute" but they are missing the big picture. If I get to sleep until 10 a.m. it is because I just spent several days in a row working my black ass off (and I got a lotta ass).

Today is a day off. I actually finished an assignment last night that was due this morning so I can play all day, if I choose. I will try to do some things around the house and take the dogs out for a trip to the park. I didn't sleep until 10 a.m. either. In fact, it is 8:30 a.m. as I write this. I have been up for 2 1/2 hours. I have taken out the dogs and made Steve breakfast (blueberry pancakes, bacon, a glass of oj, and a cup of black tea). I just updated my calender and finished this entry.

No comments:

Post a Comment