Tuesday, March 16, 2004

Another day, another temp assignment. I am not complaining because this and my Saturday morning class are the only income I can count on this week. This week is looking a little anemic. As I stated before, there is my Second City class that I teach and today's temp assignment. Today's assignment is great. I am a receptionist which beats data analysis anyday. I have a big desk, the center of attention, and the internet. I also worked in this office around Thanksgiving so I know some people and they know me.

It is damn near the end of the day and I am running on fumes. I got up early and had every intention of making breakfast but it just didn't happen. I did vote however. During my lunch break, I cabbed it to my agent's office so I could audition for some corporate guys from Kelloggs. Show business is weird. I had to read this monologue that was written for a guy in his 40s but my agent thought my energy was too good to pass up so here I am at this call with guys that are waaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyy older than me and we all have to do West Indian accents. Weird.

Last week was so different. I had a date (not good). We saw In America (so good). I had a musical audition (thrilling). I went on the mainstage at Second City as an understudy (scary). I was sober, drunk, and high. I watched a great documentary about Tobias Schneebaum. I can't remember if I got laid or not so I must not have or if I did it was so unremarkable that I have forgotten.

I got new headshots last week. That is really not all that exciting but it was overdue.

No comments:

Post a Comment