Tuesday, March 30, 2004

Nerves I just came from an audition down on Navy Pier. It is for a musical spoof of Romeo and Juliet. I was so nervous that my left leg would not stop shaking. I survived. I was even given a side to read from. The director, Ron West, gave me several ways to perform the scene and I must have read 4 or 5 times. It was fun. It was such a strange audition because I knew everyone in the room except the accompanist. There were two producers from Second City, the director (a Second City alum and director), and the casting agent for Chicago Shakespeare, Bob Mason, who used to be an actor. All in all, I give this audition experience a B-.

I used to love auditioning. I guess I'm just rusty. I haven't been very busy on the circuit since I started touring for SC. I do want the job. It would mean employment as an actor for the entire summer. It would also mean a chance to work on Navy Pier in the summer. It would also be a great opportunity to work with a good director on a fairly new project.

No comments:

Post a Comment