Tuesday, March 30, 2004

Another day, Another $.63 The marathon work schedule is nearly at an end. I really should not complain about the work. The work is easy and the money is embarassingly low. Of course I am not in a position to complain. I need the work and the money. So, here I am one more day at the Big Ad Agency. At lunch today I have an audition for a musical. I hope I get it. The project seems fun and it would be a steady acting job through the whole summer. Big thanks to Chad Krueger for helping me rehearse my number. I won't forget it and I will give you a special gift to show my appreciation. Thanks Chad.

Poverty I have been poor nearly my entire life. There was a brief period in my late 20s when I had some money. I loved that. At 35, I thougt I would be more secure financially. I am worse off now than I was in my 20s. I am living week to week; check to check; and hand to mouth. It is a little frightening. There is no savings. There is no back up. There is no real security.

I would like to say that I don't care. Those things don't matter to me but they do. I am by myself in this world. I am all I have to depend on. My father is dead and he didn't leave behind anything. Of course he never gave my mother or I anything when he was alive. My mother onced promised me money but she never delivered. In my adult life, I have had to send myself to school (undergrad and grad); support my acting career; my writing career (which just started); and care for myself (a bigger project than I ever imagined).

I don't like the way this entry is going. It feels like whining and complaining. I want to be uplifted today. The negative already gets enough attention. Let's focus on some positives.

1. American Idol airs tonight
2. I am a working actor
3. I have some great clothes
4. Life truly is funny and little things really make me laugh
5. I have never been fired
6. I have a roof over my head
7. I am getting paid right now to write this stupid list
8. I look fucking 10 years younger than most guys my age
9. I still have the power and faith to believe that life can be wonderful
10 I don't have to wear a suit to work

No comments:

Post a Comment