Let Me Hear Ya
I got this music meme from Rod:
1. Total amount of music files on your computer:
I use my roommate's Mac and have uploaded 441 songs
2. The last CD you bought was:
The Very Best of Rufus Featuring Chaka Kahn
3. What is the song you last listened to before reading this message?
Somebody Got Lucky by Angela McCluskey (The Things We Do)
4. Write down 5 songs you often listen to or that mean a lot to you:
Golden by Jill Scott (Beautifully Human) I find it life affirming and appeals to
lingering optimism. It is like church without the yakety-yak talking
Walking in the Sun by Rufus featuring
Chaka Kahn (Rags to Rufus) Sweet with great Chaka vocals. Inspirational and
reminds me to think positively.
In Between the Heartaches by Ron Isley
(Here I Am: Isley Meets Bachrach) - Beautiful vocals with a great arrangement. I also love a good torch song.
It's Gonna Take a Miracle by Laura Nyro
(Gonna Take a Miracle) - The vocals aren't as pretty as Denise William's version but it is so haunting and full of yearning.. Another great torch song.
Plus the backing vocals are by LaBelle.
Car Wash by Rose Royce. I just like
it. It always make me want to boogie.
5. Who are you going to pass this stick to? (3 persons) and why?
I guess the flyest white girl LL Cool P, and Quaker Warrior Sarah (see you
Sunday). That's it.