Wednesday, March 30, 2005

Transitions


The entertainment industry is fickle and weird. When I was younger, I thought it was gloriously fun to play showbiz. The older I get, the more I realize that it is just another professional cultural norm. I take it for what it is...nothing and everything rolled in the same package.

One minute, you can be golden like the sun. The next day, people may treat you as if you were invisible. These are indeed golden days for me. My show opened on Saturday and the buzz is pretty good. We were lucky enough to be featured in TimeOut Chicago magazine. Yesterday Rebecca and I taped a segment for CLTV's entertainment show, Metromix TV with it's host LeeAnn Trotter.

I have been getting good press and now my agents are calling again. I even scored a nice little part time job as a storyteller to 3-5 year olds. I love 3-5 year olds. They are so fun and they love a good story. So do I.

My ever changing story is filled with great heights and low depths. There are royals, aristocrats, regular folk, bohemians, christians, muslims, jews, buddhists, wiccans, peasants, and freaks. The story spans three decades, three continents, and forty-seven states. The folly of youth,the guidance of good and bad friends, and many years of self discovery have produced this page of the story. God, I'm being so utterly self-indulgent.

I need to go. I want to buy some tacos.

No comments:

Post a Comment