Wednesday, April 06, 2005

Bitch, Bitch, Bitch


Tuesday was just one of those days. I didn't sleep well the night before because of allergies. I had the itchy, dry, red eyes, nasal drip, itchy mouth, the works. I love spring but the season does quite a number on my senses. I have been taking OTC Claritan but it is to little avail.

I awoke Tuesday groggy and sooooo tired. I had so much work to accomplish in the morning because I knew that I had a long day ahead. I had to update a press release for our show that opens next Friday. I had to update the Straight & Nappy email list. I had to do laundry. I also had to pack up my boom box for my teen's show which happens this Friday. And I had to shower, shave, shit and eat. I managed to accomplish all the tasks except the eating.

When it was time for me to leave for the southside to teach my improv/comedy writing class at the high school, I just grabbed my duffel bag and left, hungry.

I was running behind and didn't even have time to buy a McDonald's cheeseburger. Oh well, those are the breaks. I expect my students to come on-time without excuses and I expect the same of myself. The train, of course, was delayed and I arrived at the school right at 3 pm. I felt bad. I had never been late. I was tired; my eyes were still itchy, red, and dry; and I was hungry. Needless to say, I was not in the best of spirits.

My students have a public performance at Second City this Friday at 6:30 pm in the Donny's Skybox space (admission is free if anyone wants to see 21 high school students perform their original material and improv). The day was devoted to cleaning up their original scenes. Jordan, my co-instructor, focused on the scripted scenes while I worked with a group of students performing a non-verbal scene about 5 fisherman. The scene is underscored by the Andy Griffith Show theme (you know the one with the whistling).

After meeting with the students, I finally bought dinner at a rib joint near the school. I didn't get to eat it because my director and his wife picked me up and I didn't want to eat in their car.

We had to rehearse the new scenes for our show that opens at the Majestic Midway Theatre next Friday. The rehearsal was productive and we didn't stay long. We spent more time chatting than rehearsing.

Rebecca, my Straight & Nappy co-hort, gave me a ride to the Roosevelt subway stop. I was finally going to go home and eat. I was looking forward to reheating my chicken and greens. After they were sufficiently warmed, I was going to watch the new episode of American Idol followed by The Amazing Race.

Well, I set Roz'(my friend that I am housesitting for) VCR to record the programs but guess what? That is right, they did not record. My two favorite shows on TV. I look forward to Tuesdays because of these two shows and now I can't watch them. What is wrong with this universe. What am I supposed to do now? How am I supposed to blog my enlightened comments about the Idolites without having seen the program? Shit! Shit, shit, shit....shit!

I just sat down at the PC and started typing. I turned on the TV to see what was on. To my surprise, PBS channel 11 was re-broadcasting The Hot Dog Show that I just blogged about yesterday. Finally, a reason to smile.

I still need to eat.

1 comment:

  1. I'm sure kat's still got idol on her TiVo. your Yayas have your back.

    ReplyDelete