Tuesday, April 12, 2005

Idol


Paula, take a sedative.

Now onto the show. The show was fun and scary as the idols sang songs from the year they were born. Like many, I took joy in hearing songs from my youth and pain in knowing that I was in high school or older when some of the contestants were born.

It was scary to see Hall and Oates They were all in the house and still ugly.

Nadia (When I Dream). The only song I didn't know. I like it. I loved the cute baby pic and the Tina Turner mini red dress. This is the Nadia that I like. She sings a ballad and turns on the charm.

Bo (Free Bird). This is one of those songs that my white friends always talk about that I just don't get. They really get excited over this free bird. I the song was not for me but Bo's performance was great.

Anwar (I Know I'll Never Love This Way Again). I think this seals the whole "Is he gay?" question. He looks great. His vocals are always so good but I keep expecting more. The key change didn't take me anywhere new. He saved it all for his long last note but it may have been too much, too little, too late.

Anthony (Everytime You Go Away). One of my favorite songs and the best that I have seen Federov in this competition. And I am not a fan of his by any stretch of the imagination.

Vonzell (Let's Hear for the Boy). A good song choice. She gave her all and I appreciated it. A solid performance overall.

Scott (She's Gone). One of my favorite songs of all time but not tonight. The beginning was so painful. He eventually warmed up and sang well for the last half of the song but I'm sorry...Just not good enough.

Carrie (Love is a Battlefield). I still love Pat Benatar. The lights were on the verge of giving me an epiletic seizure. Carrie was a little a screechy tonight. I love her but not one of her best.

Constantine (Bohemian Rhapsody). Bravo. Really great. I hate saying good things about him but he gets better every week.

My fave of the night: Constantine (I know)
My pick to go home: Scott
Who I think America will pick: Scott

No comments:

Post a Comment