Thursday, April 07, 2005

One VCR Don't Stop No Show


Thanks to my roomie, who TiVoed American Idol, I finally saw the dreaded musicals episode. What a load of poo this show was. Just because the results have been known doesn't stop me from posting my own two cents, for their worth (with the weakness of the American dollar about .004 cents.

Scott - sang The Impossible Dream. Left me impossibly bored. Is it me or does his head remind you of a certain volleyball from a movie starring Tom Hanks.

Constantine - sang My Funny Valentine. I don't want to like him but as the show progresses I realize that he is a very good vocalist posing as a rockster. The arrangement was the same one that Chaka Kahn did for the Waiting to Exhale soundtrack. He did a good job but I like Chaka's version better.

Carrie - sang Hello Young Lovers. Bad song choice. I love her but that was some bad hair.

Vonzell - sang People. Who did the faemale vocalist's haristylings? Please call me. We need to have a talk. A solid rendition of a classic song but I'm still not impressed yet.

Anthony - sang Climb Every Mountain. When he announced his song choice, I groaned and nearly wretched. Then he started singing and all I wanted to do was buy khakis and white shoes. And I suddenly really love Jesus.

Nikko - sang One Hand, One Heart. And got a one-way ticket back to St. Louis. Sweet tie, boring tune. Some good vocals but he still is lacking in "star quality."

Anwar - sang If Ever I would Leave You. I love the stand and sing Anwar better than the rhythmically challenged Anwar. Still not the best song choice. He chooses the oddest songs but gives good vocals.

Bo - sang Corner of the Sky. Why?!? He crossed his fingers, closed his eyes, and picked one of the worst songs ever. Why didn't they let him sing "Hair" from HAIR?

Nadia - sang As Long as He Needs Me. She scares me a little. She seems a bit contrived (read phoney). I mean, who stands like that? With those bony hips? Come on.

No comments:

Post a Comment