Wednesday, April 06, 2005

A Lovely Day


Today is a lot better than yesterday. I upped my Claritin dosage and that made a world of difference. The weather was warm; the high school kids did a great job in their first full run-through before the show on Friday; Rebecca, Dre (my director), and I met with our other musical director, Will.

Will is a very talented musician with a great sense of humor. He is also black so has a common bond with the cultural references Rebecca and I use. His underscore for my "eulogy" in the show is great. Tonight we also practiced doing improv R & B numbers. Tonight we sang of our love of bananas, telephones, and coffee filters. We even did an Usher-esque number about rocking chairs. It was a lot of fun. I can't wait to see if the audience likes it. Even if they don't, I love it. For 4 minutes, I get to make people laugh and be an R & B superstar.

Roz is coming back tomorrow so I can stop with the house sitting. I do have to go back to Rogers Park but only for a week and a half. On the 16th, the day after Straight & Nappy open at the Majestic Midway , I am moving to Lincoln Park (I bet you didn't see that coming). I found a room to share with a guy from Second City named Shaun. There are like 3 other guys living there I think but the place is huge. It has this legacy because Bob Odenkirk once lived there. It is a great price for the neighborhood. My bedroom is as large as my previous studio apartment and it is more centralized allowing me to go one of my 652 jobs easily and quicker. It took me 15-20 minutes to get to Second City when I first started. Then it took me 30 to get there from my studio in Buena Park. Then it took me almost an hour from Rogers Park. Now it will take me 7-8 minutes to get to Second City. I am now near the Fullerton El stop which means easy access to the Red, Brown, and Purple lines.

To cap this lovely day, I found out this asshole I remember from college is going to prison.

No comments:

Post a Comment