Tuesday, April 19, 2005

Tuesday Means the Idol


So, the Idolites decided to tackle 70s Dance Music? I'm behind that decision. I actually felt entertained watching people born in the 80s singing those cutes songs from my childhood. When the contestants found out the theme, Scott's reaction was "No one will be able to keep up with me." A fat joke would be appropriate here but I am going let you make your own.

Constantine - Nights On Broadway
First off, what is up with the corny dancing segments? Too too lame. Okay, I hate to admit this but Connie really does get better week after week. This performance was a good cover. I think he could actually release this as a single. Simon was wrong on this one. He took a great song and made it his own. And I love his crazy looking Greek family.

Carrie - MacArthur Park
Who dressed this child? I had to watch her performance twice (thank you TiVo) because I was laughing at her hair and dress the whole time. Someone should have left that dress out in the rain. Poor girl. She does have some great pipes. She didn't have a lot going on personality wise tonight but she does have that voice. She had some timing issues at the front end, some lyrics issues in the middle, and some weird notes at the end but I am still impressed by her voice.

Scott - Everlasting Love
Watching his video made me wonder if the Fat Boys were getting back together. He sang well but I kept waiting for his performance to become really exciting. And it never really happened. I'm with Simon on this one.

Anthony - Don't Take Away The Music
Tavares. I love Tavares. How dare he do a Tavares song? He milked it up. He took all of the sex and street out of it. On a positive note, he sang well. When he danced I just wanted to shout, "stop playing around andswing that big white ass. It's a Tavares song dammit.

Vonzell - I'm Every Woman
This is a tall order. Chaka sang it. Whitney sang it. And now with only two women left Vonzell sings it. And Sister-girl turned it out. Simon said that no other contestant could get away with that song. C'mon Simon, what about Anwar.

Anwar - September
I knew he was going to dance. And he danced. Please for the love of god don't dance. Just say no to the dancing. The jumping is okay. The skipping is a bit much for me. I'm with Simon on this one, it was not a memorable performance. His vocals were pretty boring but I would still do him.

Bo - Vehicle
A bad dancer with a good sense of humor is good in my book. He was very charming in his video clip. He has some beautiful eyes. I love when he looks into the camera (which is not as often as the other Idolites). Perfect song choice. Perfect performance.

My Pick to go: Scott
I think America will pick: Anwar
My fave of the night: Bo

2 comments:

  1. You were right on the money, Dawg -- in all ways. Well, except maybe about wanting to "do" Anwar... Did you not see that final pose he struck last night?? I had to keep rewinding that part for my own cruel amusement.

    --LL Cool P

    ReplyDelete
  2. But he's cute Sweetie. And I'm guessing a bottom.

    ReplyDelete