Friday, April 01, 2005

Note to Pope


I hate that the end of life is tough. It is one of nature's cruelest tricks. It reminds me of one of my favorite scenes in "Into the Woods." The Baker's Wife has just had a fling with Cinderella's Prince. She questions everything she has ever known. Through her journey for self-discovery she understands what life is all about. She understands her purpose. She gets life's meaning. And then she dies.

I have listened to Terry Schiavo news incessantly for the last three weeks and I have a feeling that I will be listening to Pope death news for the next two or three. Pope, if you really want to be a good person, just drop out now and save me the agony of another month long death watch followed by endless reports about your life.

One more thing Pope, if you should survive through the weekend, don't forget to set your clock an hour ahead.

No comments:

Post a Comment