Wednesday, January 12, 2005

My 2005 calendar
Anyone that has known me for 10 years or more knows that I have never bought a calendar before the new year begins. Mostly because they are always 50% off after the first of the year.

**Once in 1994 I bought a 1995 giant office wall calendar from Crate and Barrel but only because I got an employee discount. That calendar was also more for decorative purposes**

The risk you run when you buy your calendar after the first is that you have to take whatever is left in the store. This doesn't bother me. The only thing I can't abide in calendar art is the standard hunky guy or models in skivvies type of calendar. I'm in my mid-30s, not college and I don't work in a garage. On top of that, I am an actor. I see good looking hunky guys all the time and I am not impressed. I will however buy a calendar that is..."out there."

Last year, I bought a 2004 Lady Cottington's Pressed Fairy calendar. I loved it and it came with stickers. A big bonus.

This year I wondered into Borders and bought what may be the best calendar ever manufactured. It is guaranteed to make me chuckle and make my family and friends scratch their heads in wonderment. It is the Long Tom Grange Goes to Town 2005 calendar. Proceeds benefit education in Junction City, OR. A place that I have been if you can believe it.

I know. I know. Don't be jealous.

No comments:

Post a Comment