Monday, January 10, 2005

Still Under the Weather
I have been feeling ill for about 8 days now so hopefully this stuff will be done soon. I don't have the chest congestion and coughing anymore. It is all head congestion and sinus aches now. Everything is still "flowing" and there doesn't seem to be any infection, so that is all good.

I am pretty proud of myself for buckling down and taking care of myself this weekend. Sometimes you have to stop fighting the flow and just ride it. That is what I did. I stopped pretending I wasn't sick. I identified what was wrong and started dealing with it. I have done the humidifier, the bed rest, the clear liquids, the abstinence (liquor, drugs, and men), and the vitamin boost. Now, I just want some results. I have a lot of work to do this week.

A big thank you to my friend Roz for getting my ass out of bed this morning. I would still be sleeping and I would not be hydrating if not for her. I have a show this evening at the Ritz-Carlton Chicago so I really need to get myself together. My call this afternoon is around 3 pm and I am not backing out of this job. This is my first paid acting gig of 2005 and I need the money. I have two other shows booked this week plus a variety of meetings (I hate meetings) and a rehearsal for my own show. I'm going to repeat my mantra: I am strong, I can do this. I am strong, I can do this...

No comments:

Post a Comment